- Grantsmanship: Program Planning and Proposal Writing by Norton Kiritz and Barbara Floersch
- The Only Grant-Writing Book You'll Ever Need by Ellen Karsh and Arlen Sue Fox
- The Ultimate Insider's Guide to Winning Foundation Grants: A Foundation CEO Reveals the Secrets You Need to Know, by Martin Teitel
- The Jossey-Bass Handbook of Nonprofit Leadership and Management by David Renz and Associates -- This is the textbook that is typically assigned in graduate-level nonprofit management, MPA and even MBA programs. Didn't get the degree? Just read this book!
- The First-Time Grantwriter's Guide to Success by Cynthia Knowles
- After the Grant: The Nonprofit's Guide to Good Stewardship published by the Foundation Center
- The Fundraiser's Guide to Irresistible Communications by Jeff Brooks
- Making Money with Donor Newsletters by Tom Ahern
- If you fundraise for Catholic organizations, this is a must-have: The Catholic Funding Guide published by FADICA
OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES:
ReadyDesk stand up desk -- This is the stand-up desk that I use. It's easy to set up and it's nice-looking -- modern, light, Scandinavian design-inspired.
Pilot VBall pens -- they're the best!
A Moleskine planner if you need a paper planner in addition to digital options
Neoprane lunch bag by Art of Lunch -- A nicer lunchbag makes for a nicer lunch!
A desk fan with USB cable -- If your office is hot or you just need some air!
Did you know that aromatherapy can make you more productive at work? I recommend the Aura Cacia aromatherapy room diffuser. It plugs right into any wall outlet. It's not as fancy as the larger and pretty diffusers on the market, but it can get the job done. It's also small and discreet for your office. Add lavender essential oil and get to work (calmly)!
Organic peppermint tea as an alternative to coffee -- My cup of mint tea has multiple health benefits and it's just so nice to sip.
Affiliate links are used here, which means at no extra cost to you, making a purchase by clicking these links helps support this site. I only recommend books, tools and other resources that I myself use and that I believe can help you.